James Bradshaw (a homosexual) wrote: (At Denny Burk’s blog in the comment box)
Explain to me providing a *civil* marriage license to us negatively impacts heterosexual marriage (or anything else) in some tangible fashion.
1. Because it perverts the only true definition of marriage. Matthew 19:1-7; Genesis chapter 1 and Genesis chapter 2.
Jesus quoted from Genesis 1 and 2 – God make them male and female. This completely destroys the common false statement that many homosexuals, liberals, and modern people say, “Jesus never said anything about homosexuality”. Yes He did! By quoting from Genesis 1:27-28, that God is creator and in the beginning created “male and female” and “the two will become one flesh” in Genesis 2:24, Jesus rebuked any kind of other idea of a so called “same sex marriage”.
“God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve”, as the first couple who were to get married; which is still a great phrase that I am not afraid of, since it is truth. Jesus said, “the two” will become one flesh – only one man and one woman for marriage; period.
2. All other definitions and openings are perversions and create confusion in our society and culture, which we see constantly in the news with all the gender confusion, gender reassignment, sex change operations, man-boy lover associations, Transgenders, Bi-sexuals, and polygamy, poly-amourous, promiscuity, orgies, pornography, adulteries, pre-marital sexual promiscuity, fornication, etc.
3. so called same sex marriage, if that couple also adopts a child or children, is confusing to the children and it is by nature child abuse, no matter how “nice” or “kind” or “loving” the homosexual couple is. Even if some heterosexuals have messed up marriage and have yelling and anger and child abuse and violence, another wrong does not make it right. Both are wrong, but same sex marriage and homosexual and lesbian sex acts are ontologically wrong and against nature and harmful.
4. It is harmful to the homosexuals themselves – “receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error” – Romans 1:27.
5. The cumulative effect of all this will lead to every increasing stages of corruption, confusion, and total breakdown and the destruction of society and civilization, morals, and ethics. (not that that has not already begun, but this is accelerating it at an increasing rate of speed.)
All of my comments are still loving to the homosexual, even though he will probably not “feel” loved, in the context of truth and the gospel – we are commanded to be “speaking the truth in love” – to all – atheists, homosexuals, Muslims, Mormons, Roman Catholics. (Ephesians 4:15)
“Hate the sin, but love the sinner” is still true and a good method for Christians to continue to hold to.