In the first 26 minutes of this program . . .
All Muslims should listen to Dr. White rebuke Dr. Robert Morey for several things:
- saying that the west should nuke (or bomb) the Kaaba; (and cities of Mecca and Medina !!)
- his behavior and attitudes toward Muslims, and
- his silly argument that the God of Islam, “Allah”, is the “moon-god” of ancient Arabia. Even if the ancient Arabians called one of the idols “Allah”; the argument does not work, because the doctrine of Allah in the Qur’an and Islam since around 613 AD is basic Monotheism. That argument is like saying the ancient Goths and Germans used the word related to our word “God” today in English, therefore “God” of the bible is the pagan deity of the ancient Goths. (the first 25:43 minutes of the program; after that Dr. White addresses Reformed theology issues.)
Robert Morey should be ashamed of himself and repent of his behavior and sinful attitudes. He lost his credibility a long time ago.
Dr. White followed up with these comments. Excellent and Amen!
Well, I am…stunned. Shouldn’t be, I guess, but still…just didn’t think anyone could be that far out there. So I guess Robert Morey was at least informed of my comments today. You know, where I said it is utterly inane, ridiculous, absurd, stupid, let alone anti-Christian and evil, to promote the idea of nuking the Kabah, as if this would somehow destroy Islam? (You know, like certain Islamic groups have tried to do recently–oh, wait, how does that work? Never mind). And if anyone thought that common sense, let alone common Christianity, would prevail, well—not with Morey!
Dr. Robert Morey challenges James White to a public debate on:
1. Is the threat of destroying the Kabah a viable military tool in the West’s psychological warfare with radical Islam?
2. Where in Scripture is there any basis for calling the military threat of a destroying the Kabah a SIN?
3. Where in Scripture is there any basis for demanding “REPENTANCE” for the military threat of destroying the Kabah?
4. Is the use of ad hominem name calling (stupid, ignorant, etc.) a valid argument against the military threat of the destruction of the Kabah?
That was sent to our contact link, and, as far as I can tell, the email seems valid. Oh yeah.
1). I don’t care about psychological warfare of the West. I am a Christian. I wish to see the Muslim people—all of them, including the members of ISIS, Al Qaeda, etc., come to know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. I do not wish to engage in psychological warfare on anyone, and I surely do not wish to murder hundreds of thousands of Muslims in Mecca by nuking the Kabah. And in case it has escaped Dr. Morey’s probing thinking, MECCA IS FILLED WITH NON-RADICALIZED MUSLIMS TOO. They die in nuclear blasts just as easily as radicalized Muslims do.
2). This is a further absurdity I never expected to see from anyone claiming to be a Christian leader. Murder is murder. There is no way to identify such a religiously-motivated military strike (remember, Morey tied this directly to the fulfillment of the fifth pillar of Islam, though he is trying to reduce this to a military discussion) as “just war” in any context whatsoever. It is religious bigotry under any guise, and, for a Christian, reprehensible. Any person claiming to follow the Messiah who calls His disciples to give their lives for others who cannot see this is blind, deaf, and dumb.
3). A person too blind to see the evil of promoting the murder of hundreds of thousands of people surely does not understand the meaning of the word “repentance” either.
4). Evidently, Dr. Morey does not even know what “ad hominem” means. Shocking.
To my Muslim friends, please know that true followers of Jesus Christ find Morey’s suggestion, and Morey’s behavior, utterly reprehensible and repulsive. There is nothing of Christ’s gospel, Christ’s glory, Christ’s mercy, or Christ’s love, therein. The use of weapons of mass destruction by anyone in the name of any religion is the very essence of evil, whether the target be Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, or “pagan.” Christ brings life to those who follow Him, and we desire more than anything else for you to know that life. Please do not let behavior or thinking like this distract you from the true message of Jesus Christ.
Christians do not bow toward a building, or a stone, and we proclaim to you, not in hatred, but in love, the truth that there is no salvation to be found in walking around buildings, throwing stones, or saying prayers on particular nights of the year. An empty tomb, long before Muhammad was born, proclaimed that God had made the one and perfect way available only in and through Jesus Christ. We truly desire you to know Him and His grace.
To my Christian friends, pray that God will silence those who would spread hatred and fear in the name of the gospel, and in so doing provide a stumbling block to the truth. We are to adorn the doctrine of God our Savior, not hobble it.